Do governments have the right to decide what we can or cannot eat? Why or why not? What are the reasons for prohibiting drugs? What are drugs anyway? What about alcohol, which seem to be more dangerous than many illegal drugs? And what about unhealthy and addictive food?
- A debate on drug policies: https://www.intelligencesquaredus.org/debates/legalize-drugs. There is a transcript available.
- The case of Portugal: here and here.
- A UK ranking of the harm of different types of drugs. Note the ranking of alcohol and tobacco.
- Douglas Husak and Peter de Marneffe (2005). The Legalization of Drugs. Cambridge University Press.
- Martin Wolf “We should end our disastrous war on drugs” http://www.ftchinese.com/story/001039210/ce