How is the modern food industry connected to capitalism and the free market? What are the main criticisms of global capitalism and what can be done to improve the system?
- Robert Albritton (2013) “Between obesity and hunger: the capitalist food industry” in Food and Culture: A Reader edited by Carole Counihan & Penny van Esterik, Routledge, New York-London. Available online at: http://stravaganzastravaganza.blogspot.hk/2013/02/between-obesity-and-hunger-capitalist.html
- A short review and summary of Thomas Piketty’s book Capital in the Twenty-First Century – http://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/apr/28/thomas-piketty-capital-surprise-bestseller
- An interview with Robert Albritton – https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/0ac4/a4e0543e5337b58719dff8d791c4e82b2604.pdf
- Paul Krugman’s review of Thomas Piketty’s Capital in the Twenty-First Century – http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2014/may/08/thomas-piketty-new-gilded-age/
- Piketty in four paragraphs: http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2014/05/economist-explains