The required readings for each topic are listed on the respective webpages. Here are some general recommended readings related to the course.
- David M. Kaplan (ed.) The philosophy of food. Berkeley : University of California Press. HKU Library ebook address: http://library.hku.hk/record=b4791722
- Telfer, E. (1996). Food for thought: Philosophy and food. London: Routledge. (HKU library ebook address: http://library.hku.hk/record=b2588923)
- For books related to critical thinking, see: http://astore.amazon.com/joelau-20?_encoding=UTF8&node=1
- A website on the philosophy of food: http://www.food.unt.edu/
- An MIT course on the ethics and politics of food. Very relevant: http://stellar.mit.edu/S/course/24/fa12/24.03/materials.html