This website contains the reading material for CCHU9005 Food and Values, a common core course at the University of Hong Kong.
- Philosophy – What is the philosophy of food?
- Values – Three different types of values
- Meat – Is it wrong to eat animals?
- Hunger – Do we have a duty to help starving people?
- GM food – How should food technology be regulated?
- Drugs – Why is it wrong to take drugs?
- Art – Can food be art? What is art?
- Taste – Is taste entirely subjective?
- Eating – Eat to live, or live to eat?
During the course we might also watch one or two movies.