“Genetically modified rice is widely on sale in central China’s Hubei Province, Central China Television reported at the weekend.
Three out of five bags of rice randomly bought at supermarkets in provincial capital Wuhan were found to contain GM varieties.
China has never approved the commercial growth of GM rice, nor its import.”
This website contains the reading material for CCHU9005 Food and Values, a common core course at the University of Hong Kong.
- Philosophy – What is the philosophy of food?
- Values – Three different types of values
- Meat – Is it wrong to eat animals?
- Hunger – Do we have a duty to help starving people?
- GM food – How should food technology be regulated?
- Drugs – Why is it wrong to take drugs?
- Art – Can food be art? What is art?
- Taste – Is taste entirely subjective?
- Eating – Eat to live, or live to eat?
During the course we might also watch one or two movies.